Sunday, November 22, 2009

I’m keen to see how many edges I can soften into the background and still get away with it. I love playing with this technique as I think it really adds to the three dimensional effect and helps to harmonise the picture.

I put in the bridle fringe on the front of the head. It’s come out more sharp than I had intended, I may wait a few days until the paint has dried, then I can add some colour glaze over the top to soften it a little.

I’m pleased with all the straps and buckles – I’m sure all these bits and bobs have names, I’ll have to find out more about them so I’ve less chance of missing out something important.

I’m going to do some more to the neck as I want to show the full glory of that huge muscle and emphasise that cocked head. The bridge of the nose needs some work too, I think I need to distinguish it from the background more.

No comments:

Post a Comment